Delta Cargo had the highest average NFD percentage for total airport to airport shipments amongst North American carriers** over last 12 months at 81.31%. This continues the improved operational reliability trend which has seen Delta Cargo lead the North American carriers domestic belly-carrier market in average NFD performance for total airport to airport shipments over the last three quarters
“Operational reliability of end-to-end delivery that matches Delta’s world class on time performance metrics, is a key priority,” said Julian Soell, Delta Cargo’s Managing Director Cargo Operations and Customer Experience. “It is important for our customers to have service predictability and these metrics show that the actions we are taking are moving the needle on delivery time and performance ensuring reliable freight delivery across our global network.
Delta Cargo has made significant investment in its technology systems and infrastructure as part of its focus on operational reliability. These include
· Atlanta Warehouse transformation: There have been process, layout and structural changes in the main Atlanta Warehouse improving efficiency and cargo processing flow to aid customer satisfaction.
· New York-JFK Warehouse Expansion: Addition of nearly 30,000 sq. ft. of warehouse space that will aid in the upcoming warehouse redesign and improve the operation’s flow and efficiency. The increased space will enhance the customer experience and consolidate Delta’s position as the premier carrier of choice in the JFK market. Delta, Aeromexico and Virgin Atlantic Cargo operate together in JFK, under “One Roof”, with designated dock doors for specialty services.
· Delta and KLM have moved to a “One-Roof” warehouse in Salt Lake City and following customer requests have installed a new X-Ray machine allowing full skid X-raying.
· RFID tracking technology on cargo shipments, with the expected rollout across the system in 2018.
· Launch of a new Delta Cargo website and new Cargo Control Center to be launched in the summer
For further information log onto deltacargo.com or contact the Cargo helpdesk on +1 800 352 2746