The fully updated 2017 edition of the Freight Transport Association’s European Road Transport Guide sponsored by Eurotunnel is now available.
The 22nd edition of the guide provides information and advice for road transport operators moving goods to Europe and beyond, whether they are working as professional international hauliers or in the own account sector. The guide includes essential facts for fleet operators, including details of public holidays, weekend lorry bans and toll prices.
New content includes brief, early comments on how Brexit might affect international operations; top tips for safe summer and winter driving; precautions to consider when travelling to risky destinations; drivers’ hours and new restrictions on weekly rest in the cab; and minimum wages and requirements around the posting of workers in some member states.
FTA’s international members receive one copy of the guide free of charge and can buy additional copies at a discounted price. Non-international members and the general public can also buy copies (code 4055) from Shopfta online at www.shop.fta.co.uk or by telephone on 03717 11 11 11.
FTA’s International Service also includes access to the following:
- The FTA Member Advice Centre – providing answers to everyday questions and access to bilingual transport lawyers
- An Alert Emergency Service – providing news on unexpected blockades, border delays, local strikes and road closures
- Up-to-date information on driving restrictions in Europe
- A live translation service for drivers in trouble abroad
- Monthly European Digest international enews
For more information on FTA’s International Service call the Member Service Centre on 03717 11 22 22.