For the second consecutive year, Delta Cargo has been awarded Cargo Airline of the Year at the Atlanta Cargo Awards. The annual award is based on the most tonnage handled at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
Delta handled a total of 134,000 tons at Atlanta, making it the airport’s top carrier for 2016. October 2016 was the month with the highest tonnage at 13,000 tons.
“Delta is committed to growing the communities it serves and our home city of Atlanta where we work with Hartsfield-Jackson to strengthen this important cargo aviation hub,” said Eric Wilson, Managing Director – Delta Cargo Global Sales. “We are honored to receive this recognition for the hard work of the entire Delta Cargo and ACS teams. Our strong service performance improvements are also being noted by our customers and are helping to drive this additional recognition of our employee’s efforts.”
About Delta Cargo
- Delta Air Lines serves more than 180 million customers each year
- With an industry-leading global network, Delta and the Delta Connection carriers offer service to 334 destinations in 62 countries on six continents
- Headquartered in Atlanta, Delta employs more than 80,000 employees worldwide and operates a mainline fleet of more than 800 aircraft
- The airline is a founding member of the SkyTeam Cargo global alliance and participates in the industry’s leading transatlantic joint venture with Air France-KLM and Alitalia, as well as a joint venture with Virgin Atlantic; Virgin Australia and has recently launched a Joint Cooperation Agreement with Aeromexico
- Delta Cargo offers a wide range of products for customers in the U.S. or across the globe. Additional information is available on the Delta News Hub, as well as Deltacargo.com.