ScriptX, from UK company MeadCo, provides controlled, consistent and efficient printing from Internet Explorer. Essential for logistics and distribution businesses, ScriptX enables labels, barcodes, shipping forms, and more to be printed in a controlled format, from every networked Windows computer.
In use across the globe, ScriptX is helping to increase efficiency and reduce costs by enabling the precise control of printing of browser-hosted content on Microsoft Windows.
Logistics and distribution companies are using ScriptX to improve operations in several key areas:
- Automated printing of shipping labels, increasing business productivity by removing the need to retype information in a label software.
- Faster printing without the need to cancel or complete pop-up print dialogue boxes
- Consistent printing of barcodes from the intranet without having to remove headers and footers.
- Control of printing for uniformity across all outlets and depots.
- Automatic return to individual print settings as soon as a specific print job has been completed
- Production of instant copies of documents
- Printing of express jobs in the right format at the right location so that they can be processed accurately and rapidly
Jerry Mead, CEO of MeadCo – the creators of ScriptX – said: “From barcoded labels to shipping documents, the logistics and distribution sector needs items to be printed quickly, consistently and professionally to operate at the highest level of efficiency. With ScriptX, items printed from Internet Explorer will have consistent headers, footers, margins, orientation and much more. This is essential for large-scale organisations where standardisation and total control are required. Once the particular print job is complete, the individual user’s default print settings are automatically restored.”
Further details of how ScriptX can be deployed to enhance printing capabilities within the logistics and distribution sector are available at http://scriptx.meadroid.com/. Also available is detailed and accessible information for IT professionals which ranges from the technology behind ScriptX through to comprehensive technical reference material covering the control’s usage and deployment.